Monday, January 10, 2011

Born with a face for Radio!

So, been back to Uni for a week now....grumble grumble :( but on the bright side only 4 months to go and I'm gonzo! Had a gas weekend, ended up doing an interview on RTE Radio 1's Saturday Sport show with the legend Marty Morissey. I headed up to Dublin (my least fav place in the world!) and went to the RTE studios and somewhere in between the FA Cup results and the "outlook to Chelenham Races" sections, Marty managed to slot me in for a wee chat about the old windsurfing.

It was such a wicked experience! I know Marty from my Mum's hometown of Quilty in West Clare and I gave him a heads-up on where to go and what to see and do on his recent trip to Maui (my 2nd fav place in the world!). He ended up having an amazing trip and now loves the place as much as I do. When he got back he really kindly invited me to come on his really popular Saturday Sport show and spread the love for Irish windsurfing. T'was a fairly random interview but good and light-hearted and kept me on my toes!
A massive thank-you to Marty and Ger and the producer Robbie Irwin for giving me the opportunity, it was a very unique and rare chance to spread the love of our very unique sport.
I've attached a link to the podcast so follow it and then on the right hand side bar of the page you'll see a link to my interview, so have a listen if you missed it on Sat! RTE Radio 1 interview
So now, back to the books :( but keeping a very close eye on the forecast for this weekend here on the West Coast, it's gonna fire! Check it out! Surf report for my home spot!